The Order

This is The Order. A fansite for the book A Great And Terrible Beauty.

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Hi! my name's Ainsley.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NightFae
In India

PostSubject: Hi! my name's Ainsley.   Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:52 am

Good Evening, fellow members of the Order Very Happy ..sounded nicer in my head. i'd call you "ladies" but i won't, in case there are boys on here. i can't remember from the member list.
anyway... moving on.

well, i found A Great and Terrible Beauty in my school library; the cover & title seemed interesting so i read the blurb and decided to give it a try. loved it. AGTB is my favourite book, Rebel Angels was okay i suppose. i've always been a fan of "first books" when it comes to series and things.

I haven't read The Sweet Far Thing Yet: my favourite bookstore didnt have it, so i had to order it.. but it's coming from overseas. sigh. i'll have another month or two to wait, i bet.

if i were Gemma i'd probably pick Simon.. Kartik's a little too broody for me. i like the courtly men better.. even though he may not be the best one to choose. but who says that i care? Wink Very Happy

golly, i feel like i'm writing a speech. oh dear. hang in there!

i think i'm like Gemma; i don't think i'm too special and i won't let people boss me around. then again, i'm probably most like Felicity. bossy, territorial, picky.. and crazy if you hang around long enough. Very Happy
and i do love my friends.

Like a Star @ heaven
you can call me
Ainsley, Ains, Ainsle-face, A. i don't really mind.
i'm not quite sure where Ainsle-face came from, one of my besties made it up last year. crazy girl.

my hobbies are.. singing, acting, writing, dreaming, stargazing, moon-gazing Smile , witchcraft, drawing/painting/photography.
i could go on and on but i won't bore you.

Where am i from? Australia. state of Victoria.

Favourite colour... hmmm. don't make me choose!
i love red.. purple and green are wonderful together.
i'm getting sick of pink as i get older.

I found this site through some youtube videos of AGTB, i can't remember the usernames. how terrible of me! but they were great videos. the link to The Order was in the description, so i pranced on over here for a looksee.

Anything else interesting about me? hmmm. i like to write long and detailed introductions of myself? hee.

Like a Star @ heaven umm.. a real secret? hmm. well i do have one. i'll tell you if you ask me. i don't know how people are with actually wanting to know THAT detail.
I have a kind-of friend called Michelle who comes to my house during thunderstorms; she's a ghost. Smile can't see her, she's more of a presence really. she's around 16, i think.. from either the 1880s or 1920s. my mum can sense her too. and we're getting into winter again now, so she should be coming round a bit more.
we think she was a girl who died in this area. She came out during a thunderstorm last year, when i was taking photos of the rain and lightning. i think she was interested to see what i was doing.

i think i've written a little too much, which makes sense. i talk a lot too.
i'll get funnier, trust me.

anyway, i can't wait to start talking to everyone on here, i hope to hear from you Smile feel free to add my myspace, i have Youtube and DeviantArt too.

Bye for now!
Love, Ainsley. tongue
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://earth-bound-angel.deviantart.com
NightFae
In India

PostSubject: Re: Hi! my name's Ainsley.   Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:54 am

oh my goodness. i just read some of the other "intro" topics, i really did write a speech.

geez.

oh well. i do love detail..
Back to top Go down
melanie
Member of the Order

Location : At the temple, there is a poem called "Loss." It has three words, but the poet has scratched them out. You can not read Loss, only feel it.

PostSubject: Re: Hi! my name's Ainsley.   Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:41 pm

hi!

welcome!

I'm melanie. you can call me mel.

you have a very pretty name. and australia? awesome!

I'd love to see some of your pictures sometime. I love photography too!

do you actually perform witchcraft? if so, cool! and your 'ghost' friend seems pretty cool too. sometimes I can feel a sort of 'presence' around me. my nana died in the house we live in, and we used to think it was her. my dad used to think she was around too, but he feels that she's moved on since.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NightFae
In India

PostSubject: Re: Hi! my name's Ainsley.   Sat May 02, 2009 1:39 am

hi mel Very Happy
thanks, i never liked my name when i was little, but i do now that i'm older. Smile

i have a DeviantArt- earth-bound-angel.deviantart.com
have a look if you like, i'd love to know what you think Smile
i think i saw some of your fan art on the other forums here, yeah?

and yes i do witchcraft, when the occasion calls for it. ouija boards dislike me, for some reason. strange. they work when i'm not there or in the room, haha.

the presence of your nana sounds interesting, i wonder sometimes what it is that makes them move on. i don't know if we can ever tell exactly.
Back to top Go down
melanie
Member of the Order

Location : At the temple, there is a poem called "Loss." It has three words, but the poet has scratched them out. You can not read Loss, only feel it.

PostSubject: Re: Hi! my name's Ainsley.   Sat May 02, 2009 11:10 am

I like Loss of Love on your deviant.

btw, you're very pretty!

this is my deviant: http://melx3.deviantart.com/

I haven't updated very recently. I'm feeling lazy <.<;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kitty
Holding Onto The Runes

PostSubject: Re: Hi! my name's Ainsley.   Sat May 02, 2009 9:22 pm

Witchcraft? Tres cool!

Welcome to the boards hun.

Je ne sais pas.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NightFae
In India

PostSubject: Re: Hi! my name's Ainsley.   Sun May 03, 2009 2:37 am

aw thanks mel. i'll trot on over to your page and look at your stuff Very Happy i know what u mean by the way, i haven't been bothered to upload anything in ages. run out of inspiration.

and thanks kitty Smile
i wish i had my own Order to do witchcraft with, haha. but my friends aren't really into it. otherwise i'd get them into Libba's books and everything. sigh.
Back to top Go down
melanie
Member of the Order

PostSubject: Re: Hi! my name's Ainsley.   Mon May 04, 2009 8:05 am

yeah, I know what you mean. my friends would probably think I was crazy @_@ well, they kind of already do.. lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NightFae
In India

PostSubject: Re: Hi! my name's Ainsley.   Tue May 05, 2009 4:23 am

hahaha same here. everyone knows i'm a mentalcase. they just give me a funny look and move onto the next topic. its a nice system. Razz
i'll have an Order one day, i hope. that'd be fun, we could dress up and everything. find a cave somewhere, lol.
Back to top Go down
great&terriblebeauty
Dancing under the stars

PostSubject: Re: Hi! my name's Ainsley.   Mon May 11, 2009 8:32 pm

Welcome!

Just a quick question, is your "pen name" (NightFae) from Wicked Lovely?

PostSubject: Re: Hi! my name's Ainsley.   

Back to top Go down

Hi! my name's Ainsley.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Order :: Welcome! :: Who's New?-
Jump to: